CutRateDiamonds/KobeMarkJewelers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look no further! (MUST READ!!!)

Go down

Look no further! (MUST READ!!!) Empty Look no further! (MUST READ!!!)

Post by CFalatko Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 am

Buying diamonds online can be a daunting task..... if you let it be. Or, you can make it relatively easy, safe, and well worth the $$$$$ saved in the end. I have used Cut Rate/Kobe Mark Jewelers for the past 4yrs for all of these reasons.

I live in Northern Virginia/DC Metro area, and I used to buy my jewelry from local jewelers...like most people. But when it came time for my best friend to get engaged, I helped him look for a loose diamond. I found Cut Rate Diamonds online and started talking to Barry(owner). When I first talked to Barry he told me something that has held true, and has made me a life-long customer. He said he would always be honest, have the best prices, and would personally inspect the diamonds I was interested in before he would recommend which one I should purchase. Needless to say, my best friend gave Barry the diamond size, cut, clarity, and color he was interested in, and in just a few days Barry had a number of stones. He held each one in hand, and made a clear recommendation. My friend purchased the stone, and it was shipped overnight.
When it arrived we both were extremely impressed! I know a little more than most when it comes to diamonds, and this was truly a well cut GIA stone with perfect proportions and tons of fire. I was sold on Barry's promise of honesty and attention to detail. ****FYI, we just wanted to compare the final price with that of the 2 largest diamond "Importers" in the DC area Mervis and Charleston Alexander.....ummmm not even close! For the same shape, color, clarity, and GIA grades both Mervis and Charleston's prices were between $31-33k Barry's price was $21K. That's not a small difference....that's a car my friends!
After a while, it was time for me to get engaged too, and I gave Barry a call. Now that I had a good experience with my friend's diamond, I decided to purchase a loose diamond from Barry and then have him make a custom ring for the stone. This is a whole different ballgame from just buying a stone. It takes someone that knows diamonds very well to recommend a stone, but it takes much more to incorporate someone's ideas of what they want and make a ring. We started looking for the diamond, and it took a little while because I was looking for something very specific. Barry always sent me updates/possible stones/ideas and when the perfect stone became available he sent me a copy of the GIA cert, and a number of photos of the actual stone. It was perfect, and well worth the self-imposed wait. Barry started working with his jeweler, and they made a CAD (computer image) of the ring and sent it to me. It looked great, but we made a couple small changes and got it exactly right. The ring was made to absolute perfection, and was not a simple design by any means. My fiance freaked-out when I gave it to her on the beach in Wrightsville, NC.
I've never written a review, for anything to be honest, but had to for Barry. He's a good guy and stands by his word.

Thanks Barry,
Christian

CFalatko

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum